Sunday, May 4, 2008

Flight Line



Last week I got to go out to the flight line and help get the jets ready for take off. And by help, I actually mean hang out with the crew chief while he points to things while I freeze my ass off and try to avoid getting knocked over by the 45 mph wind. It was pretty fun, but I had to wake up at 5 am to get out there and it really was cold. All said and done, it was an incredible experience that not many people get, at least not without being in the military.

This is the crew chief I spent half the day with. He is out of the AF in two weeks and also hates Mtn Home.

The guy of tho far right was under a jet and a gust of wind knocked him off balance. He ended up cutting his head open on the jet and had to go get stitches. Fucking wind was out of control.


Here is a video of "my" jet getting ready to go to the runway just before take off



Here is the take off.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You get to do so much cool stuff. I'm jealous. -Ab

Bruces said...

Awesome dude. I'm still laughing at the pregnant guy story....