Thursday, December 20, 2007

My Wonderful Logan

So I have had a pretty rough week. I won’t go into all of the details, but I have had a tough couple of days. Well, usually when this happens my son, Logan, seems to always cheer me up. I believe he can sense when I am going through a difficult period. He never does anything to acknowledge it, but always does something special which always makes me loved. This particular time I went and picked him up after not seeing him for about a week. The weather was horrible; the roads were covered in snow and were becoming icy. As we were sitting in traffic an ambulance sped by followed by a fire tuck. Both were presumably on their way to the same emergency. We had the following conversation:

Logan: Why is there a fire truck? There probably isn’t a fire.

Me: Fire men help people when they are hurt in as well as putting out fires.

Logan: Do they help people that are dying?

Me: Yes. They help anyone that needs it.

Logan: If I was dying would they help me?

Me: Yes. They would definitely help.

Logan: I don’t want to die.

Me: I don’t want that to happen either.

Logan: Dad, if you were dead I would jump on you.

Me: Jump on me? (I am picturing him hopping on me like a human trampoline)

Logan: Yea, I don’t want you to go without me.

Me: (What can I say to that) Oh, that is so sweet!

Logan is amazing. I literally did not know what to say. This was one of those moments with my son that can make everything seem fine, as long as he is there. I may or may not have shed a tear or two.

1 comment:

Carlee Hoopes said...

That's so cute!!! You are lucky to have such a good son. I think kids help put life into perspective, don't you? It's too bad we can't all stay that innocent our whole lives.