Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Burnt out

I love (and hate) politics. I have been following politics rather closely over the last 8 years. In fact, if I could go back to school I would probably major in political science. For some reason though I am completely burned out. I think it has just been the overwhelming amount of coverage on this upcoming election, and understandably so. This is one of the most unique and fascinating and important elections in the history of our country. I am not sure what happened, but I am just spent. Maybe it is the news networks who focus on so much B.S., they are relentless, one show after another covering the same topics. (I don't include Fox news though. They stay on the same topics, but it is definitely not news) I think it is that combined with our current "President," his administration, and thier complete lack of interest in the rest of the world.



So I am taking a little bit of a break. I am not watching every political video I see online; I am not watching Countdown every night. I am not following the Democratic race quite as closely for the time being. This is my goal, I am taking a break from politics until the general election. Hopefully by then I can be re-enthused about our politics and I will be able to follow the election that is so important in all of our lives. It truly is a unique and wonderful election (except for the Republicans, they seem to be sticking with the same Old White Guy as their representation) and I am just really looking forward to January 20, 2009.

No comments: