Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Locked Out


So my neighbor came over recently asking if I had a wire hanger. Without needing to ask I knew that she had locked her keys in her car. Is there any other purpose for a wire hanger in this modern society that we are living in? I can’t think of one, God knows I am not using one to hang my clothes on. (Later that day I actually picked up a coupe items from the dry cleaners for the first time ever, and what do you know, the clothes were on wire hangers). This just leads me to question, since the 1970’s has any body successfully got into a car with a coat hanger? It seems to me all that happens is that you fuck your car up. But yet, we all still have the slim hope of cramming this piece of wire in through the window and somehow fondling it around hoping that it will somehow strike the unlock button with enough force that the doors will unlock and you, master of the wire hanger, will be the hero of the day. I have locked my keys in my car and actually tried this, but failed to do anything but knock my window off alignment and scratch my windows. I would actually be upset if I had a nice new car and was able to unlock it with a coat hanger. If you lock you keys in your car just bite the bullet and call a lock smith. It may cost you $50.00, but think of it as a dumb ass tax. There are certain dumb ass things we all do in life, this is one of them.

So I wanted to find a picture of someone trying to get into their car with a hanger. So I Googled “Wire Hanger” and went to images. Every image was of keys locked inside a car. There wasn’t even a wire hanger in most of them. I just found that validating…thank you Google.

2 comments:

Bruces said...

I like your blog. You have a lot of really interesting stuff to read. I'll be checking this page out regularly. Sorry we missed your B-Day party. I was sad I wasn't invited until Jesse told me just now that we were. Sounds like you had a lot of fun and Happy Birthday baby!! Oh, and I think I do have a few wire hangers... with clothes on them.

linsey said...

I have in fact broken into my car successfully with a wire hanger when I was in high school in the late 90s. I felt SO cool!