Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Kindergarten Lunch

I went and had lunch with my son at his school with his kindergarten class today (January 15, 2007). This was probably the first time that I have eaten school lunch since I was freshman in high school. Logan had no idea that I was going to be there. His class was getting all lined up and ready for lunch when he saw me standing by the door. He ran up and gave me a big hug and started telling his classmates that his dad was here for lunch. He was so excited. He got in his place in line and was good and quiet while walking to the lunchroom. Turns out he is typically the last kid to get lunch. They go in alphabetical order and I guess there is not a single Williams or Young in his class, oh well. Sometimes he is not the last; the kids who misbehave get sent to the end of the line, as was the case this day. (I wonder what would happen if Logan was the one who got in trouble, he is already at the end of the line. Hopefully he doesn’t start to think that way). So while in line there was one little girl who made sure that I was aware of the two girls that had crush’s on Logan as she told me about it and pointed the girls out several times.

Well, it turned out to be Logan’s lucky day. Not only did his awesome dad (me) surprise him for lunch, but because his birthday is in the summer the school decided to celebrate it at the halfway point of the year, which happened to be the same day I was there. So he got to sit at the birthday table with a few other kids. It was all decorated with balloons and he got a cupcake and a new pencil.

4 comments:

Goomba said...

That is so cute that you surprised him! You get a big gold star for being the best dad in the world.

Michelle said...

He's so cute!!

Bruces said...

Yep, you are a great dad. He's one lucky kid.

Jake Garn Photography said...

What the hell is wrong with his school? Go in reverse alphabetical order every once in awhile... or maybe go by weight, fat kids at the end and if they run out of food first then too bad. Also, while I'm at it, what's with Tittles and thr... never mind.