Monday, June 18, 2007

Grad School

Well, for about the past month I have been pretty busy applying to graduate school. I am going to attempt to earn an MBA from Weber State University. I found out about a month ago that I would be receiving funding for this from my work. So I basically started rushing to get my application in.

I just want to take a moment to thank so many of my friends who have helped me out along the way. Without you there is no way in hell that I would have been able to get everything turned in by the deadline.

I am not sure if I will get in. One of the main components of getting into any graduate school or MBA program is the successful taking of a test. The test I had to take was the GMAT (I like to refer to it as "the fucking GMAT"). I studied pretty hard for a couple of weeks, but I have taken a math class in nearly 12 years. I tried to teach myself what I needed to know and received help from some friends as well. Well, when test day arrived, instead of actually taking the math section of the test I just got on my knees and blew it.

Getting into Weber State is definitely not a certainty at this point. If I do not get in I do have other options available to me. One thing is for certain though, if I do get in I owe a lot to the friends around me who helped me with my resume, the essays, and all the other short answer questions that were part of the application. Not only all of that, but just overall support has been helpful, especially after I so successfully blew the fucking GMAT.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Very eloquent. :-)

linsey said...

I am keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Anonymous said...

I don't know anybody who can score well on the math portion of the GMAT after only 2 weeks of studying. No matter how smart you are, you can't bullshit your way through math. If you don't get into Weber this round then I sincerely hope that you will consider retaking the GMAT and applying again next year. I know that if you put the time in then you will be able to achieve an awesome score. -Abs