Monday, February 12, 2007

Sappy Dad Stuff




I just wanted to say a little something about being a Dad. About a week ago my son, Logan, smashed his little finger. It was not too bad, but it was definitely hurting him. For those of you who do not know Logan, he is only 5 years old. So when he gets hurt he will usually come to me seeking comfort. I have always found this nice, which is kind of strange. So I analyzed why it is that I like it so much when my son comes to me for comfort in these situations. 90% of the time there is not a damn thing I can do about his pain, and I hate that. But for some reason he always starts to feel a little better and at ease. This is what makes it such a special experience. It really is kind of hard to explain, but I will do my best. To know that I have the ability to provide some comfort when my child is in pain just by holding him is absolutely amazing. Even when there is nothing I can do about the pain. He still will feel better just by holding him for a minute. What an amazing feeling. This is one of those experiences that make being a Dad so great. I am lucky to have such an amazing son.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

That's so sweet. He is an amazing kid; ya'll are lucky to have one another.